Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Polite Expressions

Being polite means giving respect.

We use polite expressions when we talk to people
so that we can have a good relationship with them.

Being polite helps you to have more friends.
It also helps you encourage people when you have
business.

Polite expressions includes the common greetings:
Good morning!
Good Afternoon!
Good Evening!

Other polite expressions includes:
Excuse me
Thank you
Sorry
Please

*You use Excuse me when you want to get the attention of someone.
Example: (on a department store)  Excuse me,can can I ask?
               (inside the classroom)    Excuse me teacher , I am going to the comfort room.
               (during meetings)           Say "Excuse me" if you want to go out or answer an
                                                     important call
    (during unavoidable situations)  Say "Excuse me" when you suddenly
                                                   coughed or sneezed while   
                                                   you are talking to
                                                   someone.

*You also use Excuse me if you want to pass between
two people. This is a way of giving respect.

Know when to use some other polite expressions!
Try our online lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment