Monday, January 9, 2012

Idiomatic expressions

The use of the English language can be made in an artistic way. Poems, novels and other forms of literature  have idiomatic expressions to make the readers feel the emotions in every lines. 



Idiomatic expressions are phrases or sayings that does not have the literal meaning.
It cannot be understood through knowing the meaning of  the words one by one. 

Examples

Butterfly in my stomach    - means very nervous
I was not able to speak in front on the crowd because I had a butterfly in my stomach.

More Examples:

means very happy

I'm on cloud nine when my teacher told me that I got the highest score on the test.



means very sick

I cannot attend the meeting today because I am as sick as a dog.

Do you know the meaning of this idiomatic expression? Learn to use English in an artistic and more expressive way. Join us at


www.lsiacademy.com

We will be glad to share our knowledge with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment